Our IV Therapy Clinic is now CONO-Certified!
We are glad to announce our IV Therapy Clinic is now certified by CONO (College of Naturopaths of Ontario )! As of this writing, we are the only CONO-certified clinic in Milton and West GTA. Our lead naturopathic doctor has over 17 years of experience in giving people IV’s – whether through naturopathy or anaesthesiology! This experience means that he is expertly skilled at finding the right vein to administer your IV.
Background of IV Therapy at Pain Ease Naturopathic Clinic
At Pain Ease Naturopathic Clinic , we have more than 16 years of experience in vascular access and administration of intravenous infusion. Clinic director, Dr. Abdullah Abd Elaziz, ND, has 13 years of experience as an Anesthesiologist in Egypt before he comes to Canada and turned in to a Naturopathic Doctor . He gained an extensive experience in critical care units and operation rooms in a hospital setting for 13 years before he founded his own practice in Milton,ON. He turned into Naturopathic Medicine and joined the first cohort of International Medical Graduate bridge delivery program at CCNM.
He brings a great expertise in accessing peripheral venous lines and managing intravenous fluids as a part of day-to-day anesthetic management in his previous career. At the same time, the completion of the residency program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine further excelled his experience in cancer care intravenous therapy and naturopathic infusion treatments.
YOUR FIRST IV EXPERIENCE
Prior to starting your first IV treatment you will have an assessment by one of our specially trained Naturopathic Doctors. Your doctor will review your health history, blood work , goals, and health concerns. A treatment plan and recommendations will be provided based on your individual health goals. Standard consult fees apply. If the blood work results is ready After your consultation your treatment will begin in our IV lounge. During your treatment you can relax in our recliners, Our highly trained staff will ensure you have a safe and comfortable experience.
What is IV Therapy?
IV nutrient therapy (also known as intravenous or infusion therapy) is the use of vitamins, minerals and amino acids in high doses – higher than what can be administered by mouth. Formulas are customized to you and your needs, and are typically used for: Low energy & chronic fatigue, Adrenal fatigue (stress), Anti-aging, Cold & Flu, Migraines, Menstrual Cramps, Restless Legs Syndrome, Athletic Performance & Recovery.
How Long does IV Therapy Take?
Treatments take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. You get to sit and relax in a comfortable and calming environment to add further benefit to your treatment. And, it doesn’t take long to notice a difference – many patients see improvements in their symptoms almost immediately.
Why Use IV Therapy?
- More nutrients can be forced into the cell to achieve the target dosage beyond active transport mechanisms
- Certain constituents may be degraded or altered through digestion or first pass effects (mistletoe, etc.)
- Nutrients have absorption limit intestinally (e.g. Vit C Ascorbic acid)
- Patients with chronic disease and the elderly have compromised digestion and assimilation
- Compliance is ensured
Conditions Treated with IV Therapy
IV nutrient therapy is the use of vitamins, minerals and amino acids in high doses – higher than what can be administered by mouth. Formulas are customized to you and your needs, and are typically used for:
- Low energy & chronic fatigue
- Support Weight loss and enhance fat burning
- Immune support
- Stressed, anxiety or depression
- Adrenal fatigue (stress)
- Support thyroid function and improve metabolism
- Cold & Flu
- Menstrual Cramps
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Athletic Performance & Recovery
- Pre/Post Surgery Recovery
Evidence exists showing that IV Therapies can be used safely and effectively for a variety of disorders including:
- General Aging Support
- Pain Disorders (Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, etc.)
- Chronic Fatigue
- Heart Disease
Some of the therapeutics used in infusion therapy include:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
- European Mistletoe
- Myers or Multi-vitamin/Mineral Drip
- Malnutrition Support
Types of Intravenous Treatments
Standard IV Adrenal Fatigue Formula
Re-energize | Refresh
“Adrenal fatigue”, “adrenal exhaustion” and “adrenal burn-out” are all terms for a condition resulting from your body being overwhelmed with stress. This condition is extremely common and can occur at any age, if there are major stresses, emotional or physical. It is not a disease, but rather a state of decreased function and adaptation ability of the adrenal glands, our “fight or flight” system. It can be caused by one major stress, physical or emotional, or as a result of chronic, low grade stress over many years. Common symptoms of adrenal fatigue include:
- feeling sluggish or fatigued in the morning
- low blood pressure
- dizziness, especially upon standing
- increased fatigue after exercise
- inability to cope with changes and stress
- brain fog, concentration, and memory problems
If you feel that you might have Adrenal Fatigue, get tested. A saliva hormone test can determine if your adrenal glands are working optimally.While treatment of Adrenal Fatigue is multi-faceted, including nutritional, lifestyle, and herbal therapies, the Adrenal Fatigue IV can greatly accelerate your recovery, and provide an immediate energy boost.
Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Chromium, Selenium, Manganese, Potassium, Copper, vitamins B5, B6, B-complex, B-12, Muti-trace elements, AminoAcids ,Glutathione and vitamin C. These nutrients serve as the raw materials that help to heal and rebuild the adrenal gland.
While each course of treatment is individualized, the usual recommendation is 1-2 infusions per week for the first 6 weeks. This is followed by a re-assessment of your progress and a maintenance program.
Commonly used for:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Adrenal dysfunction
- Malabsorption states
- Frequency: While each course of treatment is individualized, the usual recommendation is 1-2 infusions per week for the first 6 weeks. This is followed by a re-assessment of your progress and a maintenance program.
- Duration of Treatment: Rapid Drip, 30 -60 minutes
Immune Boosting IV
Defend | Recover
Always sick? This is your first line of defence. Created to support those suffering from acute or chronic viral or bacterial infections, the Immune Boosting IV adds a super-charged mixture of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, + immune enhancing “extras” to help augment your body’s natural immune defences. This treatment is clinically proven to support immune function and accelerate recovery from an acute infection. This treatment also helps provide critical prevention during the cold and flu season to anyone looking to ward off the sniffles. Help yourself get well and stay healthier with a series of immune enhancing IVs.
Vitamin C, Zinc, Electrolytes, B-Vitamins, Immune-boosting HCl
High Dose Vitamin C IV Therapy( 25-100 gm )
- Vitamin C (25-100gr)
- Calcium, magnesium and potassium for electrolyte balance
Commonly used for:
- Integrative cancer care
- Nutritional support for Quality of life
- Frequency: Once – 3 times weekly as needed
- Duration of Treatment: 1-3 hours
Weight Management IV
Re-set | Energize
The Weight Management IV treatment helps optimize metabolic rate, increase energy, and maintain optimal nutrient status while on a weight loss program.
- Vitamins B12 and B6 to improve energy levels and metabolism
- Chromium is used to help balance blood sugar levels
- Selenium – Anti-oxidant, optimizes thyroid function
- Amino acids such as arginine and methionine help burn fat and build lean muscle
Hair, Skin & Nail IV formula
True beauty from inside out. We all know that our nutritional habits play a direct role in the health of our skin, hair and nails. However many of us are too rushed and cannot enjoy the benefits of optimal nutrition and a proper supplement regime. The Hair Skin & Nails IV is a nutrient dense cocktail that supports strong healthy hair and nail growth, skin hydration and collagen formation. When nutrients are infused intravenously, your body absorbs 100% of the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants immediately! This translates to improved hair and nail growth, strength and vitality as well as that coveted post-IV glow.
- Vitamin C – supports new collagen production
- Biotin – a B vitamin critical for hair and nail growth
- Zinc – can help fight acne and promotes collagen repair
- Glutathione – the body’s master antioxidant, anti-aging, liver detoxifying
- Amino acids – building blocks of protein, support hair and nail strength
Rejuvenate | Glow
The anti-aging IV drip is a mixture of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and homeopathics with antioxidant and restorative functions to address a variety of skin concerns. It helps fight off the aging effects of sun, smoke and stress, as well as regenerate injured cells.
- Calcium/magnesium – for muscle and bone
- B vitamins – for extra energy and keeping your brain sharp
- Selenium – Promotes skin elasticity and fights sun damage
- Zinc – Helps fight acne, sun damage, and aids in skin repair
- Vitamin C – for antioxidant and collagen building power
- Amino acids – to help your skin cells repair quickly
- Glutathione for instant antioxidant and free-radical fighting power
- NAC – Another antioxidant to help your skin deal with stressors such as sun, smoke and environmental pollution
This IV drip helps address a number of skin concerns including acne, wrinkles, skin-sagging, dermatitis, and skin irritations. While courses of treatment are always tailored to the individual, a common protocol is one session per week for 6 weeks, followed by monthly maintenance. Following this regimen, will not only improve your complexion, but boost your energy and immune system too!
Detox IV formula
This specially formulated IV treatment will help support your organs of elimination. This treatment contains powerhouse ingredients such as Vitamin C, Glutathione , selenium and B-vitamins to help you achieve a quick, safe, and effective detox.
The Detox IV is highly recommended to help eliminate heavy metals and other toxic elements. This IV drip is also frequently utilized after a mercury amalgam removal dental procedure to bind any residual toxins.
IV Athletic Recovery IV formula
The ingredients in IV nutrient therapy such as vitamin C and amino acids can help with collagen formation, which is needed to repair and rebuild stronger muscles and ligaments. Calcium, magnesium and other minerals will minimize muscle cramping and fatigue. Sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate restore electrolyte balance often disrupted from prolonged sweating. Glutathione is the master antioxidant targets inflammation, and B vitamins restore your energy levels, so you can resume the activities you enjoy faster.
This treatment will increase stamina and performance, aid in recovery and significantly decrease down time.
Tissue & Wound Healing IV Therapy
Commonly used for:
- Chronic slow healing wounds. Examples include – diabetic stasis ulcers, chronic recurrent osteomyelitis (as a support to surgical care), post surgical wounds, etc.
- Frequency: 1-2 times weekly
- Duration of Treatment: 1-2 hours
IV Malnutrition &Amino Acids
Commonly used for Patients with malnutrition/malabsorption
- Frequency: 1-2 times weekly
- Duration of Treatment: 2-4 hours (2 mL/minute)
Glutathione IV Therapy
Commonly used for:
- Liver Support
- Skin health
- Parkinson Disease
- Environmental Illness patients
Frequency: 1-2 times weekly
Duration of Treatment: 45-30 minutes
Post Radiation Support
Commonly used during or after radiation for:
- 2 weeks post radiation therapy (particularly soft tissue treatments)
- Could also use pre and post CT scan
Frequency: 2-3 times weekly, up to 4 weeks
Duration of Treatment: 1-2 hours
Note: Glutathione 2-4 grams is administered as a push/rapid drip right after this treatment
Nerve Support IV Therapy
Commonly used for:
- Chronic nerve pain
- Nerve impingement
Frequency: Commonly a weekly IV
Duration of Treatment: Rapid Drip 20-30 minutes
Mistletoe IV Therapy for Cancer
- Adjuvant cancer care
- For chemo/radiotherapy related side effects
- Improve the QOL of patients undergoing conventional cancer treatments
- Reduce adverse events from conventional cancer treatment
- Improve overall survival in cancer patients
Quality Assurance Program
At Pain Ease Naturopathic Clinic, we engage in continuous quality assurance programs with our doctors and support staff. We actively track any unusual occurrences and therapeutic reactions to ensure our treatments are being delivered safely and effectively.
Latest Infusion Therapy Technology
Naturopathic Infusion Therapy performed at Pain Ease Naturopathic Clinic is done using the very latest and best in infusion therapy technology.
Examples of technology used at Pain Ease include:
- Safety-engineered devices – these devices minimize the risk of needlesticks and blood exposures in both peripheral and central line infusions for providers and patients
- Only PVC/Latex/Phthalate free materials are used in bags, IV lines, catheters, etc. to avoid allergic or sensitive reaction and minimize environmental impact
- Compounding or IV Bag preparation is done under a laminar flow hood in an ISO 5 environment according to USP 797 standards.
Naturopathic Infusion Therapy Safety at Pain Ease Naturopathic Clinic
At Pain Ease Naturopathic Clinic we take patient safety seriously and utilize infusion therapy industry standards to provide the basis for our Naturopathic Infusion Therapy practice. USP 797 is a US based guideline on how sterile products should be compounded or prepared for use in patients, we use the relevant sections of USP 797 to set our guidelines for preparing sterile products for intravenous administration.